Sunday, February 10, 2019

From Tokyo to Ojika


After living in Tokyo for almost 6 months I decided that I need a break from the information overload and the hustle and bustle of the big cities. So I picked Ojika as my next destination.
I arrived on the island at 4.40 am and were picked up by Taiyo-san (the owner of GOEN Inn) from the first second I felt welcomed and appreciated. After a long nap I met all the other work-awayers and they were so lovely.
Everyday I learned something new at my work and during my free time I started to explore the island. Sometimes alone and sometimes together with others. Although the island is not that big we always find a hidden shrine or a great view.

Sometimes you just need to walk through the small streets with no plan and you will find something surprising. I really fell in love with the architecture of the old Japanese buildings...

During my forays through the small streets I also found the little but modern and cozy coffeeshop called TAN TAN.
Now I am already here for over one week and I am very happy about my decision. I am looking forward to all the people I will meet during my time here and the places I will find.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Magical Matsuri Experience on Ojika Island

If it wasn't enough of a beautiful adventure to emerge off a ferry at 4:30 AM, on a tiny Japanese island called Ojika (a member o...