Sunday, July 21, 2019

Leaving Ojika

For years, I dreamed of traveling to Japan. Last year, I decided that I had to stop waiting for the perfect opportunity, that I had to make the trip happen myself, even though it seemed very daunting from my inexperienced, 19 year-old eyes. This trip to Japan has been the first solo trip I have taken, the first time I have gone outside of my comfort zone for so long. In my month here on Ojika, I have grown in ways I expected and in ways I did not. I have met interesting, funny people who I have shared many late-night laughs with. Most importantly, I have become convinced of the value of traveling in my time on this small island. I am now determined to travel more in the future, to places I cannot even imagine now. But no matter how far I will go around the globe, whatever challenges I may face, I will never forget my first travel experience. As I cross borders and continents, I will always carry a small piece of Ojika in my heart.

Thank you for everything.

Jasmine Parsons


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Magical Matsuri Experience on Ojika Island

If it wasn't enough of a beautiful adventure to emerge off a ferry at 4:30 AM, on a tiny Japanese island called Ojika (a member o...