Sunday, February 24, 2019

My first time Ojika (PART 1)

It is my first time to be in Ojika and I've experienced a lot of things for the first time here....

1. My first time trying fishing
I am not sure if you can really call it fishing... It was much more a holding the fishing rod and hoping that what we are doing is kind of right. In the beginning I even struggled with just getting the tackle into the water! That was embarrassing but two proficient fishermen were so nice and helped us. Thank you for that! And thank you Papa-san for being so patient with us.
In the end we weren't successful but I really want to try it again when I have more time.

2. My first time trying かんころ餅 (kankoro mochi) 
Another work and traveller already recommended me the local "Kankoromochi"and that I should buy one in the supermarket or in the shop at the ferry terminal. かんころ餅 is made of sweet potato and it also contains sesame and ginger. The best way to eat it is to toast it and eat it while it is still hot. 
おいしい!
3. My first time using an e-bicycle
Since I come form a really flat city of Germany I have never used an e-bicycle before. But since Ojika is quite hilly I can really recommend to take an e-bicycle. Especially in summer it is a way nicer if you can cycle up the hill and enjoy the view without being super wet and sweaty. And it is not that difficult! It is just a bit surprising in the beginning when you start cycling and you are really fast. 
4. My first time seeing a red sand beach 
I already realized that it is quite common to see red soil here, and I also learned that the farmers are profiting from it. But I didn't know that there are red sand beaches. It is really impressive to go there when the sun is shining and the ground looks like it is glowing!
5. My first time seeing a perfect round stone in the nature
The nature on Ojika is really impressive, somehow the nature created a perfect round stone here. If you want to see it you need to go to Madarashimago and climb a long the coast a bit and then you can see it in a hole between the rocks.


LL

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Magical Matsuri Experience on Ojika Island

If it wasn't enough of a beautiful adventure to emerge off a ferry at 4:30 AM, on a tiny Japanese island called Ojika (a member o...